On Saturday 31st October the Prime Minister announced live on TV that ‘Non-Essential Retail’ must close, but ‘Click & Collect’ is still to be permitted from Thursday 5th November 2020.
- Non-Essential Retail was the category given to Auction Houses during the Spring 2020 lockdown and as such Auction Houses were, and are once again, specifically listed and are therefore required to be closed to the public.
- From Thursday 5th all of our buildings we will be CLOSED to the public and they are not permitted to enter our premises.
- Online Only Auctions can continue.
- We are allowed to operate a socially distanced ‘Click & Collect’ from and 'Click & Deliver' appointment only operation from our Car Parks with either marquee or container solutions. We can also make deliveries and arrange collections.
- The government & the BAR websites confirm that the Transport Sector remains operational as an ‘Essential’ service. Not only to the country, but in particular the housing market and also the general economy.Therefore we will not be closing our Removals, Transport, House Clearance & Shipping Services business during this second lockdown.
- The Professional Services (non-auction) business will continue to undertake all instructions subject to the risk assessments already established by the department from the first lockdown.
- Estate Agents are to remain open for 1-to-1 home visits and valuations by appointment. As Chartered Surveyors & NAVA Propertymark members we are naturally expecting the same rules to apply to valuers of chattels or personal property.
Please contact any of our valuation team for advice:
Professional Valuation Reports William Gregory MRICS
Grantham Auction Appraisals Craig Bewick MRICS
Bourne Auction Appraisals John Ireland MRICS
Lincoln Auction Appraisals John Leatt ASFAV
Louth, North Lincolnshire & The Humber Alastair McPhie-Meiklejon FRSA
Leicestershire & The Midlands Richard Plant MNAVA
London & South Valuer Colin Young MRICS
Online Auction Appraisals - Please make the most of our FREE online Auction Appraisal Service.
Here is a summary of our operational status during the second lockdown.
- Our buildings are CLOSED to the public.
- Our services remain ACCESSIBLE by phone, email and ONLINE.
- Our auction sales continue ONLINE ONLY.
- Collections & Deliveries are ‘Click & Collect/Deliver’ by appointment only from our Car Parks with no staff interaction.
- Logistics businesses such as transport companies, removers, couriers, shippers are essential service providers and they can delivery to or collect from our premises by appointment.
More information will follow here in the coming days as we understand and learn more.
Colin Young MRICS FNAVA ASFAV