Colin Young will be the charity auctioneer at the Lincolnshire Bomber Command Charity Dinner and Auction being held on December 13 at Burghley House.
Lincolnshire was home to 27 Bomber Command Airfields during the Second World War and to 5 Group HQ at Grantham and later at Moreton Hall. It was because of this that Lincolnshire earned the title 'Bomber County'.
The Lincolnshire Bomber Command Charity aims to raise funds to build a memorial to the 25,611 Bomber Command aircrew who lost their lives in the Second World War.
The event, which starts at 7pm, will include a silent and a live auction. The live auction, hosted by Colin features six exceptional lots:
- A trip of a life time - Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum membership & Lancaster flight
- A days shooting for two guns at Birkholme Manor, Corby Glen
- A Leadership Training Day at RAF Cranwell for 6 people
- House of Lords Private Tour
- A framed Simon Atack print "Enemy Coast Ahead"
- A framed print 617 Squadron 'The Dambusters Escort over Petwood' by Eric Day
Colin will announce the winners of the silent auction before the live auction begins. Lots offered include:
- Adventure day at RAF Wittering
- Springfields Festival Gardens Tour
- A framed and signed Honda Racing TT Legends shirt
- Tickets for two to see Fascinating Aida
- A personalised behind the scenes tour of the University of Lincoln
- A behind the scenes Tour of Lincoln Cathedral by the Precentor for six people.
- An original framed drawing by Helen Ferguson
- Two tickets to Leicester Tigers Match
Colin Young stated: "I'm delighted to be involved in what is a very worthy cause. Lincolnshire has a long history with the RAF and we often see Militaria in our Bourne, Grantham & Lincoln Auction Rooms.
My highlights include the medal group and log books of a Battle of Britain ace, Group Captain R W 'Bobby' Oxspring, a Minor Offences Book signed by George VI and a miniature Red Arrow made at the station workshops of RAF Scampton."
Visit www.lincsbombercommandmemorial.com to find out more about the Lincolnshire Bomber Command Charity.